Check Out My Newest 'Saved Message' :(

I’m going to sound like a broken record to some, but my calendar was ONCE AGAIN altered without my knowledge. I have read past posts about hosts with dates blocked, and this morning, I had two-weeks of previously blocked dates magically opened up, unbeknownst to me until I got a booking.

So now, I have a new “Saved Message” for guests - Anyone else? I am left feeling embarrassed with my tail between my legs… This must be fixed!

Hi {GUEST}-

_Thank you so much for your inquiry and kind feedback on our home. _

Unfortunately, I can not confirm your reservation at this time, as we have yet to set our calendar past {INSERT DATE}. It seems Airbnb released a random stretch of dates in {MONTH} that does not accurately reflect our availability or rates. Sadly, this happens far too often when Airbnb does software updates.

We would certainly love to host you, but I am unable to confirm any {MONTH} reservations at this time. I can keep you posted as our schedule firms up, if you’d like.

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience!

2 Likes

I’ve had problems with blocked dates magically opening up, thankfully it appears to have rectified itself this year. No idea what caused it.
This years hiccup is a 3 night minimum stay which drops to 2 nights, it started when the new dashboard was suddenly thrust upon me.
I think its someone in programming having a laugh at our expense.

I had the whole of July blocked off and it opened with a booking. I could host but just wanted some time for the family. Ring airbnb as they can see what amendments you make to your calendar. I had issues at the beginning with using the app on my phone but airbnb advised me to use a laptop to make changes, I did close off July on my laptop but it’s not a major issue for me.

I took advice from here and changed the prices on dates i wanted blocked to $5,000. Good thing I did as Airnb unblocked them.

Sadly this has happened to me once and it’s stressful!! I was halfway around the world in Maldives on holidays past December and blocked off the entire month I was going to be away. Somehow a booking sneaked in and random calendar days had opened up. I had to provide Airbnb with proof of my travel after which they cancelled the booking with no penalty. Now I take screenshots (with time stamps) of months with blocked days as record of proof.

1 Like

Yep I’ve had dates unnbloxk but they weren’t booked because of the price I’d set on them. One day I was looking at the calendar and wondering how come a weekend was free so looked closer and realised it was a weekend I had plans - and that I’d priced it at £1,000. Proof the system works.