Can these sheets be saved?

Thanks Susan. After reading your attachment I think we’ll throw the towel out. It was one of the ones where someone advertised here that you could get them for the cost of shipping. They are part polyester which I don’t like, but others find them soft and fluffy. The hair dye is all over the towel. The woman’s hair is black, but the color on the towel is purple.

@Magwitch - I think it is called “washing soda” in the US. Arm and Hammer makes it, but not too many people use it. Walmart carries it, but it may be in the cleaning supply area and not in with the laundry detergent. The box says it “eliminates and neutralizes odors” including perspiration.

Martha, it’s so nice to know someone else has a similar business model!! ABB is a great platform for filling rooms between semesters.

I did buy the Oxyclean, but just to clean the sheets up enough to donate them. Have already ordered some nice white cotton sheets as replacements.

1 Like

Thanks TuMo, Now, Lock them up!!

Just my 2 cents for anyone who has this problem in the future. The combination of Oxy Clean and baking soda should remove the stains and the odors.

You bought white sheets when you know it’s going to be used by a student unlikely to do the washing for weeks if not a month. BRAVE!

I think (hope) the white cotton sheets are for the Air BnB Guests, no the students!

Students of a certain age think AXE sprays and deodorants attract the females. It’s soooooooo gross!!! And I bet that is what was lingering in your sheets. :smiley: thank goodness my boys have graduated from Axe.

Regarding microfiber, I have found some that are a cotton rich type and these are a good compromise. Cotton sheets are always always high maintenance and only seem to last for one or two guests max. I just can’t afford it at my low price point. No one has complained about the sheets. They are pretty bullet proof… So I will continue to use them. And they are cheap. $19 for a King set at Ross.

So true about Axe! After my 3 teenagers marinated in it for some months I developed a sensitivity to ALL scents. Ten years later I still suffer from it. Axe…the gift that keeps on giving!

1 Like

LOL!!! As a high school sub, sometimes I need a gas mask when entering a classroom!
I think either Axe marketing is brilliant and they all got hoodwinked or the girls really do like it. :laughing:

1 Like

I throw in a bit of white vinegar for the sheets and towels to eliminate smells. I have been fortunate (as yet) not to have anything too stinky to contend with!

In case anyone cares, lol, soaking them TWICE in Oxyclean did the trick.

Thanks, all, for your great suggestions. :+1:

1 Like

Wash them on hottest water and use a cup of vinegar in the load. Set it for an extra rinse. Vinegar will neutralize the odor. Don’t use fabric softener.