Calender changed itself, now crisis

If I understood well, you make blocked dates incredibly expensive in case they would automatically unblock. Now my question is the following: What will you do in case someone is stupid enough to get your place booked for that high price?
You can’t cancel them, because AirBnB could relocate them to something similar in price and you would have to pay. (Or doesn’t it work like this?) So you would have to cancel your other guests or your plans.

If someone booked my place for $1000 a night I’d figure it out. I could easily put my other guests in an even nicer local airbnb and pocket hundreds. I realize you weren’t asking me but…really?

1 Like

I was just trying to point out the risk of this tactic. If Zandra has to go abroad for a few days and has no one to jump in for her, she might have a problem should this crazy situation occur. And as shown multiple times on this forum, crazy things do happen in AirBnB-land.
So really? Yes! I think it was a valid point to make.

Oh I’d definitely figure it out. If someone booked at that price I could afford to pay a property manager to check them in and still fly to LA for a gold doughnut. I don’t list anywhere else so I don’t have double bookings on different platforms. Those listing on other platforms need to learn how to manage their calendars quickly as they’re more exposed to stuff ups than I am.

What are the chances someone is going to book a room at £1,000? Zero. Regretfully. There’s no risk to this tactic at all.

1 Like

UPDATE.

I contacte airbnb, they reinstated me.

They then released more dates that I had written blocked on in the notes, and had blocked.

I contacted them again.

They snoozed my calender temporarily until it is to be sorted by the techno bods.

They have now released more dates, in the snoozed period, and having phoned today, very cross, they say they have no idea why this is happening.

I feel I have no control.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Please resist any sarky replies, as I just need to know if anyone has overcome this issue in a permanent way.

I
Thank you for reading.

Do you use their Smart Pricing? I found my blocked dates became unblocked when I tried Smart Pricing. It deleted all my blocked days in that particular month.

By the way, to change the price on a blocked day, I unblock it then change the price then immediately block it again.

That sounds bad, I don’t use smart pricing. I was advised by airbnb not to do the ‘way overprice thing’.