Buying an electric kettle

I confirm that I have yet to see a stove top kettle here in France.

@tinyCar, we have very hard water where I live, i use my kettle at least twice a day and I remove the limescale deposits maybe once a year (no scrubbing required, just fill with water and citric acid or vinegar and it will dissolve any deposit overnight).

1 Like

Hehe I use my kettle maybe 14 times a day? Yep addicted to tea ! Stove tops are cute but take far too long when you have a tea addiction. Mine boils enough for 2 cups of tea in 45 seconds. :yum:

3 Likes

And we are back… next the duvet thread will be revisited. Out ABBs in the US only have electric kettles, because, duh why would you waste time with a stove top kettle when you have boiling water in 2 mins. I can not tell you how many times I have had to explain to the ‘i only drink tea’ guest how to work the electric kettle. The first time my husband almost fell over in shock.

Ps. We have the clear one with blue light as well, works marvelously.

5 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions! I’m going to do some Amazon browsing tonight and let you know what I get. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been using a OXO Pour-Over kettle since January, I got it from PromoPure for £60 which was a bargain.
It is a very nice electric kettle, not very big though but I’m delighted with it.