Burgundy or White Sheets / Comforter?

100% cotton and for me I prefer Percale!! So crisp and durable too.

The white sheets are much better. Lightens things up and provides some visual contrast.

1 Like

I have a set of percales! Sand colored. They are crispy and cool, and very wrinkled. I don’t iron them.

Wow. Your place looks so…so…perfect and tidy! Like a hotel!

I like both colors, but I can see where some would prefer the white. Although the darker color is warm and somber. Conducive to relaxation and sleep! :slight_smile:

Totally. I Can. Not. with anything less than 100% cotton. I am even picky about the weave. I do not like sateen weaves. I need cool and crisp percale.

I am so picky I have started bringing my own sheets on vacation. I was in a hotel in the Adirondacks a couple years ago and the sheets were like fiberglass. We left a night early so I could go home to my own bed.

Oh, and @J_Wang, and other sheet snobs, you might like this:

2 Likes

Oh you’re a scream! I can’t stand those plastic feeling sheets either. What really gets me is checking into a place and realizing they’ve used Bounce or similar. I’ve checked out immediately before.

3 Likes

I iron the pillowcases…I’m a bit OCD I guess. The rest of the sheets stay a bit wrinkly. The percale is cool, crisp, and just the right weight. They get softer with each washing.

1 Like

Although they are a pain to maintain I always prefer white as a guest ( to make sure everything is clean) so I have white sheets/comforters in all my rentals cause I feel like guests would feel the same way? the burgundy does look nice though I guess I’m boring lol (totally just my opinion)