Budget Hosts, assemble!

I dont not follow the listings , but it seems like such easy money to make . and they can keep a regular job at the same time .

What makes it easy for us (@jaquo, @Yana, @KKC, @Zandra, @anon67190644, etc) is that we’re onsite hosts. We were already hard workers looking for ways to make extra money. We had realistic expectations.

Too many are looking for some easy money or aren’t there to keep an eye on things or don’t make any money after all because they have to pay other people to do everything. I don’t think the lady that “hosts” the Air I stayed a recently makes any money as she doesn’t charge a cleaning fee and remote hosts and pays for all kinds of unnecessary things like deluxe cable packages. But in her case I think she is just looking for something to do with a house she inherited and stays in when she’s in town.

I make “good” money in that I completely cover our mortgage and most of the utilities with our Air each month. I work really hard some days, but then I get a nice booking like the one I have now of 2 interns waiting for intern housing to open up and they’re here for 9 days. It will be back to the grind again soon, but thankfully most of my coming bookings are 4-7 days long.

3 Likes

I’m smart but … (and it’s a big but)…I wouldn’t be the host I am today without this forum.

The confidence I need to be a good host has come from voicing my victories, doubts, frustrations and joys on here. I disagree with a fair few people and I’m known for being a stubborn pedant but it’s all part of the valuable learning process.

7 Likes

Love that! I’m probably exactly the same :slight_smile:

DisclImer… just want to say most of my typos can be blamed on the iPad!

1 Like