Best Services to Outsource

Hi,

I’m trying to gauge on what services make the most sense to outsource. In other words, what can I have someone else do to give me the most ‘value’ whether that’s monetary or getting some time back!

Thanks

I don’t currently outsource anything but am considering doing so with laundry as there is a lot of work involved with that. I prefer to do my own cleaning as I want my house spotless and only trust myself to get it exactly as I want it!

1 Like

I have a cleaning person do my turnovers ($25 each). I do the laundry, but she coems and gets the room ready between guests.

1 Like

Do It Yourself. AirBnb is supposed to be about you being part of the process, not shuffling things off to “maximize profits”.

1 Like

@KenH huge numbers of BNB hosts outsource some of part of their operation, so your comment isn’t true. Look at all the BNB hosts who have multiple properties, hotels, B&Bs or who don’t live near their properties. There are also those who work and get help to enable them to offer up their home.

Having a listing is a business. Like any successful business it’s about understanding what you want to get out of it. For some it’s pure profit, for others it’s about being part of the sharing economy, for some a mixture of reasons.

@Oscar_Ip - the answer to your question, is that only you will know this, do some research find out what support services are available and costs and then make a judgement call.

2 Likes

I do everything myself. I’m taking a break from the workforce and easily have the time to do it. Next month I’m going back to school and depending on my class schedule I may outsource the turnovers and/or not allow same day turnovers. Unless I find it is too much I plan to continue doing the laundry myself. I have 2-3 sets of everything so can do a swap of clean linens/towels for old. I only have one listing (mother-in-law apartment in my basement) so day to day management and corresponding with/meeting guests is not a value add for me to outsource… It’s so slow right now though that none of this is a concern at the moment…

Due to health problems I hire a lady to clean, I do the laundry and make beds. I also hire someone to do outdoor maintenance, cutting grass, snow removal. I see it as an opportunity to offer work to people who need it. Even if I was fully well, I’d still hire them. My cleaning lady does a good job more efficiently than I can.

2 Likes

We outsource some of our profits. We do all of the work ourselves - greeting, cleaning etc. so we can get it exactly how we want it. But we have started to bring in cleaners for our side of the house - a nice perk. We’re also able to hire people to do some upgrades and outside maintenance. Plus we are shopping more at the local, family operated stores in the area. We can also give good neighbor gifts at the holidays. Spreading $$ around the neighbourhood is good karma. We don’t give anyone a reason to complain.

2 Likes