Been Banned from the "official" AirBnB "community"

Welcome! I left the air forum for the same reasons–well…I wasn’t banned, but I didn’t appreciate the lack of support and outright attacks from other members just for the occasional complaint. You’ll like it here! We’re full of snark and honest feedback. :blush:

2 Likes

Oh wait–never mind. Haha.

7 Likes

Too late Natalie, he’s already gone. And I see the last post he left, he failed to insert his listing number. How ironic.

5 Likes

Well, that was quite the drive-by!

First rule of joining a forum: hang back and figure out the board’s personality.

2 Likes

Unless you aren’t really interested in being a member of a community, you just want a megaphone and a platform.

3 Likes

WTH just happened here? LOL

1 Like

Well, it didn’t sound like he’d be welcome in ANY community. He thinks spam is free speech. Good riddance then.

Cheers to Mike! We never really knowed ya!

3 Likes

I’d love to meet up with you guys in a pub somewhere…wouldn’t that be a hoot?

4 Likes

Bummer, I had hopes of some interesting exchanges with this fellow.

I was on the verge of being banned from a Airbnb Facebook group (no connection to the real company) for calling the founder out on her weird libertarian bullshit. I quit instead. (If anyone used the word ‘inclusive’ she would ridicule them for their ‘hippie jumbo jumbo’. The control freak was drummed out in a revolt a couple months later.

This group is much much nicer and more … shall I say it … inclusive and tolerant. Except for She Who Shall Not Be Named.

2 Likes

'Viva La Revolucion!"

1 Like

I felt like it was preordained. “Hey, I hope you guys are ok with me just being a dick! What, you are annoyed that I am a dick? Well screw you, I’m outta here!”

Whatever…

11 Likes

Sorry to hear that Tree Man …I liked your posts :slight_smile:

Before your guys’ time there was a different SHE and a different HE, who, in their own ways, were just as bad as the above named.

1 Like

Really? I guess there is always a SWSNBN.

I read quite a few of Mike the Treehouse’s posts on the Community Centre. Sometimes they were quite funny but generally he came across as a bit of an arse, as we say here in the UK. This thread is hilarious and your summary of it, @Artemis, is brilliant :slight_smile: !

6 Likes

I felt from the outset that Mike is quick-minded, just lacks the patience one must have if going to function effectively among the human race.

6 Likes

Billy Bob and now Mike have banned themselves. Perhaps it is us horrible people? I don’t mean me actually, just the rest of you…LOL

4 Likes

Well BBM opened and posted under multiple accounts… Sometimes he would post as BBM, then back himself up with Ruby Tuesday and Beach Guy. Ridiculous because all three accounts had a similar snarky, know it all tone. That is why he was banned. Mike took himself off the board. Thank goodness.

2 Likes