Arrival time in reservation?

Is this a new feature? I got a booking today for tomorrow night. I have instant book. The reservation said “check in 6-8PM”. I’ve never seen that before. My guest has a lot of good reviews and when I messaged him I mentioned it and he said he’d never had to choose a time frame before this either.

It’s been appearing off and on for a couple of weeks for me.

Do you see any pattern?? Is it only for people that reserve the day before?

I hadn’t, but looking over my messages it does seem to be for same day/day before bookings. Good catch!

It’s better than nothing but last night’s guest had 3-5 pm as arrival time in his initial message and he arrived at 8:20pm. He kept me updated and it didn’t disrupt my plans.

I always ask people anyway. I don’t really rely too much on what they say. I still worry these guests might decide to check in earlier, so I’ll have the place ready by check in time. He says they’re planning to grab dinner before checking in. Which could also mean that 6-8 turns into 10-12. Thank goodness for the coded lock. Has removed a lot of the stress of waiting around, although I still prefer to meet guests in person.

It’s exactly the same here. At least it’s something. My check in window is 3pm to 2 am the next morning so it’s nice to get an idea. Sometimes I ask and they don’t reply and I ask again on the travel day. But so many people arrive at a different time I just don’t get worked up about it. I also have to deal with a time change here and at least half the people don’t realize it.

1 Like