Airbnb, why are you wasting my time asking me to review my guests?

Why do you ask me to review my guests with such questions on how clean the guests were and then not get that information to the next potential hosts?
Where does this guest information go, if not to the next potential host who needs it the most?
This information should branded on the guests as the hosts rating information is branded on them.
Please explain this ridiculous protocol Airbnb

3 Likes

I think they 1) use it for their internal information and 2) are going to roll out an instant book system that incorporates it. A host with IB can opt in to only allowing guests who have averaged 4.5 stars from hosts.

6 Likes

Thinking is great but you really should not post anything you do not know as fact.

Actually I asked Airbnb the questions. So, unless you work for them, you are wasting my time.

Do you not even realize where you are posting? This site has no affiliation with Airbnb. It’s a private forum.

6 Likes

You’re a jerk and you aren’t the only one whose time is valuable. Hopefully this will be your last post on this forum. Go find the one run by Airbnb. It’s on their website. This is a screenshot of the program that I KNOW ABB is testing that would incorporate the star ratings. This screenshot is courtesy of @faheem.

8 Likes

It’s better to have the data collected so any future changes to Airbnb app/website can incorporate it.

2 Likes

You should use Twitter to post this to ABB, this forum is not run by ABB (thank goodness, otherwise we’d probably all have our accounts deleted by them lol)

4 Likes

Wow. I love this. Feeling a bit stupid though, because I never even noticed it on the booking side. Thank you!!!

Does Air no longer require guests to have online and offline verification. I noticed recently that requirements just said email address and phone number…but anyone can do that and upload a picture of a bird. Do guests have to input a social security number or anything that actually would track back to them?

aren’t you glad you believe in karma, lol?! It’s goin’ round…

2 Likes

You may not have this option available. I think they are testing it. I don’t even have it, that screenshot is from faheem from a prior thread.

1 Like

I’m not sure. …

1 Like

Chen is that you…

5 Likes

I have this option now. It’s replaced the Recommended by other Hosts option. I’m not sure that I like it. Even though I know a lot of hosts don’t review honestly, I’d rather go with the thumbs up/down recommendation than an average on cleanliness and communication. I’ve had exceptionally clean guests who communicated very well but I hit the thumbs down because they were obnoxious pains in the arses. (LOL at your more than adequate response to initial posting btw).

1 Like

No, Chen is now KIKI.

4 Likes

@Magwitch Thanks for the update. I have IB on now for just “government verified ID.” I no longer require host recommendation here because so many posters have made it clear that they either don’t review or don’t review honestly.

3 Likes

I know. I was making a funny :joy:

5 Likes

LOL…that one went over my head :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is an easy solution to this, just add at the end of your review your stars like this: Great guest, left the house in perfect conditions, Recommended to other hosts. Communication 4/5, Cleanness 5/5, Observance of House rules 5/5

This way other hosts can know your ratings.

8 Likes