Air Suspended us for being 4 Stars!

@Sandy. It is a small world. I was in Boulder 1978-1983, then moved to Sun Valley. My sister (Annette) also went to Parsons (NYC/Paris) early 70’s, she is much older than I and worked at first with Oleg Casini in fashion designing. She has been trying to retire for years from interior decorating but she is in constant demand among the whimsical rich in Orlando, Florida. She loves renovating homes, and like you, by the time you two explain what you want, you would rather do it yourselves.

1 Like

She is not renting her space as “entire home or apt”. She’s renting them out as private room. She says that people see 3 br and bath and they ASSUME it’s an entire apt even though the listing is under “private room”. People are complaining that the house is shared with her son who lives there.

1 Like

Yes – mostly mine as the professional’s were way over exposed. I’ve added a chair in the living room and am about to put a huge real painting in the south bedroom that I bought at an auction to stage the last flipper house, in place of the Ansel Adams piece.

If you dined at Winston’s at the Boulderado in '83, chances are, I was your waitress.

Thank you for posting. One of my guilty pleasures is reading terrible Tripadvisor reviews. There is one chain in the UK called Pontins that always has funny ones.

1 Like

…We got the 4 stars because we misrepresented our listing."

Maybe I mis-understood. I thought she was listing it as a entire house, and not shared space. It was my impression that it is being listed a private and a separate house, and then EXPLAINED in the listing that it is shared. So when a traveler sorts for an entire home / apartment, then this listing is coming up. I think this still needs clarification.

I think it might be easier if each room were listing individually? just a thought ---- I still think it might be getting listed wrong

This place sounds like it might have a future as a film set in horror movies. As some latter-day Bates Model, perhaps.

Me too! Do you watch that show Four in a Bed? I always end up googling the B&Bs with the most horrendous hosts to see what their reviews are like. The worst ones often went out of business after appearing on that show :fearful:

1 Like

After reading all the reviews, I think it’s a front for drugs…probably meth.

1 Like

As I understood from more than one post she made in the thread including the OP was that she was listing as a private room and making clear in the description that the home is shared with her son and with other guests. She also says more than once that ABB was explict in writing and on the phone that the suspension was due to the stars, not any misrepresentation in the listing. Then suddenly near the end of the thread people began supposing that she was purposely misleading guests and I was wondering what I missed. Hosts commonly list more than one room in a home shared with the owner and they don’t seem to have the same problem. I think the issue is probably two 3 star reviews in a relative short period of weeks. Being hot makes people very cranky.

1 Like

Perhaps. But I don’t see why a B&B can’t be a front for drugs and a good B&B. Nothing wrong with having it all…

4 Likes

Like a Breaking Bad themed B&B? Sure, why not? I bet people would pay for the experience.

1 Like

SHe said, it says shared space, and also mentions her son is there

She hasn’t misrepresented her listing. I’m dying to know why 4 or 5 of you think she has misrepresented the listing. I’ve read this thread 3 times and I can’t figure it out. I appeared to start with smtucker’s response to her posting what happened if she changed to shared. She doesn’t have shared rooms, she has private rooms in a shared house.

5 Likes

Were you the nice-looking waitress giving me the eye, of course I remember. :sunglasses:

1 Like

:kissing:

Ok. I’ll have to re-read it all. I thought the issue was her son living there surprised guests who thought they were renting a private place.

1 Like

Well, yes in that guests were surprised. But it seems that she is clearly disclosing it but they aren’t reading the listing.

1 Like