Air Suspended us for being 4 Stars!

Done! But need more characters for this post so Blah blah blah!

1 Like

I donā€™t understand. Airbnb suspended you? Then let you click a little button to be reinstated? And mentioned you could get suspended again? Are they mental?

Was the little button there when you were suspended, or did it appear later?

They must think they are an parental authority figure in a Roald Dahl novel. Sheesh.

6 Likes

While Iā€™m happy to hear you are reinstated, I am just livid that you were suspended in the first place! I donā€™t understand how 4 stars is a negative thing? Iā€™m sorry this happened to you.
Hereā€™s a listing that I can believe Air is still bumping to the top when I do searchesā€¦and yet YOU got suspended?

8 Likes

those reviews were literally uncomfortable to read, made me feel sick

1 Like

Thatā€™d be funny if it werenā€™t so disgusting. Blurh! I need to take a shower after reading that. Lol.

1 Like

I expect heā€™ll make Superhost soon as there seems to be no rhyme or reason to Airbnbā€™s views on what is an acceptable listing.

3 Likes

On top of everything else motels and hotels shoudnā€™t be on airbnb. That limo in the lead picture is misleading. LOL.

3 Likes

Oh that place is gross! Maybe the limo is there from HSers staying after their prom? Even from the pictures I wouldnā€™t stay there for that rate!

1 Like

Ok, Iā€™ve seen this place in person because I could not resist going to check it out.
It is beyond horrible and has should not be on ABB at all. I feel so badā€¦my place is just 15 minutes away, and only a few dollars more, I wish I could have gone and rescued those poor guests.
And that limoā€¦Oh, itā€™s the oldest most saddest beat up looking limo you ever did see.

3 Likes

You joking?? I can not believe this.
How is 4 * bad? I see plenty of lisitings where a host has 4* and 200+ reviews. I dont have all 5* either with over 200 guests, only 78% of minei are 5*.

1 Like

4 stars and you get suspended, then are airbnb pushing for 5 stars for every review, then everybody would be a superhost, bizzare

2 Likes

52% of mine are 5 stars and most of the rest are 4. But Iā€™m happy with it and I have had a few repeat customers so itā€™s not that bad but when I see that listing @brook2adks posted it makes me feel a bit better for not having all 5 stars. Haha

1 Like

Oh my. They donā€™t like this place on TripAdvisor either: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g48901-d490287-Reviews-Crest_Inn_Suites_Cottages-Wilton_New_York.html

3 Likes

I hope everyone in this thread reported that listing.

3 Likes

@Martha Many things are plausible; there was a human mistake made and someone is trying to save face, a glitch in the system, your listing was confused with someone elseā€™s or there are other reasons why was cancelled and maybe ā€˜someoneā€™ used the only-4-star as an excuse instead. Anything butā€¦

It would be absurd and economically suicidal for Airbnb to ~conciously~ cancel any listings that otherwise is as normal as apple pie, for the sole reason of only getting 4 stars on the average.

P.S. I just ā€˜lovedā€™ the 1-star dump @brook2adks. Incredible listing, wouldnā€™t last long.

2 Likes

Report it! I did. Letā€™s get rid of these people

1 Like

Just did. OMG, The host looks like just had a ā€˜smokeā€™. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! I feel much better! Yikesā€¦That listingā€¦I will have nightmares, but it does illustrate the absurdity!

Exactly this. It must be some stupid mistake.Iā€™m so tired of seeing those condescending ā€˜Room for Improvementā€™ warnings when I get 4*. Itā€™s the most annoying and counter-productive thing they do. Just try and shut me down for being rated ā€˜Greatā€™ rather than ā€˜Fantasticā€™. Iā€™d go ballistic. OP, call them and give them an earful. Donā€™t take any crap. They need to know this is unacceptable.

4 Likes

We should start a thread ā€œDumps on Airbnbā€, the thread will probably be shut down in a jiffy, but imagine what we ā€˜super-duper nosy detectivesā€™ would find before it is. LoL

9 Likes